Saturday, October 8, 2016

A Return to Grace

Dear Reader,

it has been some time since I have last graced the pages of this blog. It is a little funny as six years ago I began a grand experiment in an effort to recover something that had once been lost. It started with a conversation at 3 in the morning with some friends and a whole lot of coffee and cheese fries. Over the next few month since that initial conversation, I was able to realize that I did not have the same drive that I once had. It was like I had lost something.

At the time I was not sure what it was that I had lost, but it was a very empty space.

Thus, what had been dubbed the "Grand Experiment" by my friends, started. We had no real direction with what it was that we were doing, but I knew that there was going to be some wonder and that it would span universes. Little did I know how right that was.

This was the beginning of Amaretto Covington and her adventures with what I had dubbed an Artifact known as the "Genesis Glass". 2 AM in the morning was a great time to start up this idea. However, something happened to me that actually tore away my Eudaimon, the reason I wrote and what I wrote. It was a very rough moment for me. I will be honest - I struggled in those last few months, and even for almost a full year, I lost what I thought had been important to me. Now, it had been almost three years and I have finally once again recovered my Eudaimon - my reason and insanity within my writing.

I actually had a rather interesting conversation today and I was very happy in the conversation with what was said and what had happened. Today, for the first time in a very long time, I feel like I can start the stories among Amaretto and others once more. I have also recovered a lot of the ideas and made them a little more cohesive.

What I am rambling around and trying to say is, I am ready to start writing again and I am no longer afraid of what I might write any more.

No comments: