Saturday, August 20, 2011

A Smattering of Linkage...


Hello Everyone!

So I have been wandering the interwebs in my boredom and imagine my surprise when I find a site that hits home on my comic-book geekery with great happiness and relish. It was something called DC Fifty-Too. This is an awesome blog where artists showcase their tallents on DC comics that will never be. Until the end of the month, 52 artists will premiere 52 different books you won't be seeing on stands. It's a DC Universe where the publisher's foremost characters aren't Batman or Superman. The obscure people from teh background were suddenly made into A-listers and had their own comic books. yes, it is as if the DC Universe is no longer in their own hands but in teh hands of fans and atrists. Some of the covers are inspired might I add. One of my favorites is a Teen Titans cover done by Tim Seely.

Moving on though I found another thing that tickled my funny bone and amused me greatly. It would be the great and fantastic move also known as AURORA.

What is Aurora you ask? It is a fantatic short movie that took almost three and a half years to create, Produced over a 3 1/2 year period, the finished film belies its impressively small budget of $1800, using eight locations, over 80 costumed extras (almost 100 dedicated people to the whole film itself) and 375 VFX shots: a significant undertaking in independent film making.


Go see it, you'll love it.

No comments: