Tuesday, January 2, 2007

The Quest of Shortness

One should always have a place to start when begining a new project or journey. Currently, I have realized that perhaps, I should get some short fiction published first and have started to look at a few magazines (both online and in hard print) and been checking out their submission guidlines. Some of the places I have heard of before. There is Black Gate Magazine (which is sadly at this moment not accepting any submissions), and The Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction. Both are well respected; the MFSF being around since 1949. Another magazine is called Realms of Fantasy ( http://www.rofmagazine.com/ ). Needless to say, I have a small sizable listing of said magazines. Believe it or not, there are a lot more Magazines in the UK and Canada then there are in the United States. Perhaps I should start up my own magazine at some point.

Well, I have made the next part of Oracle here. I know I am not putting it in Chapter submissions, but not everyone has the whole time of day to read hundreds of thousands of words in one sitting. People like to be instantly gratified, so I am jugling that with the small parts that i am putting in here. Perhaps at the end of every week, I'll recap in one large post all that I have typed durring the week... then perhaps not. I want oyu to read the whole of the postings.

Even still, I have more fun writing the small snippets than the blog itself sometimes, but it's writing and I enjoy it no matter what the words say. As a side note, I have also just found the perfect book in my quest here: "Novel & Short Story Writer's Market" . It comes out every year and is very very good. I will put in the third excerpt of "Oracle" later tonight.

No comments: