Friday, January 28, 2011

Concept Art!

So I stumbled upon some of the most beautiful art from one of my favorite books ever. The Phantom Tollbooth is about a boy named Milo who was always bored and could never seem to find anything to do... that is until he receives a magical tollbooth in the mail. What followed was a fantastic journey, taken through many lands like Dictionopolis, The Doldrums, The Islands of Conclusions, Digitopolis, and even the Castle in the Sky. He meets up with Tock, a magical watch dog, the Humbug, Dr. Kakofonous A. Dischord and DYNNE, and even one of my favorite characters, the Mathemagician.

Needless to say, I must insert in here that this book is full of fond memories and a wonderful love of puns comes from this when it comes specifically from the English language when taken literally. I came across some concept art by someone who has re-imagined the settings in which they took place. I hope that you will have as much fun with it as I did and be transported once again to the fabled lands within the Kingdom of Wisdom and feel compelled, like I did, to reread the novel once more.

Concept Art for The Phantom Tollbooth

No comments: